Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicks, Man! Round II


I know it's not officially spring yet, but I have caught the fever. What better way to celebrate the beginning of a new season than to bring home a new batch of ladies?

Our dear Ginger has been a lone hen in our backyard the past few weeks. For some reason her little chicken friend Layla got sick and died so she's been a sole soldier out there. So when I heard IFA was getting chicks in I couldn't resist, how can you? We ended up taking four little ones home; two Barred Rocks, one Buff Orpington, and one Amerucana. I just hope that when it comes time to transfer the chicks to the backyard Ginger will take to them and we don't have a bloody massacre on our hands...we have had enough bad experiences with dead chickens the past year!

Lets keep our fingers crossed that we don't end up with any roosters this time. I don't think Frank wants to take another "Little Jerry" off our hands again!

2 comments:

Dustan and Micayla said...

You guys rock!! I always forget that you have chickens...and nice soup!!

Manolakis Family said...

You crack me up! The Bikram experience had me laughing out loud for quite a while...