Saturday, July 4, 2009

A New Addiction


Yes, addiction. Didn't I write about this in a previous post?!? This time the subject of this post is not our dear little Jeter (who hasn't rolled in poo once in the past week, yay!) It's me. That's right, I have found something I am really unable to quit...and both me and Robert are making monthly payments to feed this growing obsession(our boat). Me with a fixation? I never do this! And before you think it's something inappropriate, get your mind out of the gutter...

I suck at sports. I have spent many nights with Rob at the tennis courts playing for pain and for the most part I don't really care about doing pushups and getting the ball hit at me. It's completely fine with me if I'm not a great tennis player, or if I vomit after a run with my dear husband (while he lights up a smoke and watches me), and I'm even okay with the fact that I can't hit a golf ball straight to save my life. For some weird reason though, I really want to become good at wakeboarding.

It's become a constant thought in my mind. I find myself distracted with the thoughts of how I can improve and what I can do differently. Everyday I'm watching videos so I can learn how to be better. We went up yesterday and this morning I feel like I can barely walk (I can't straighten my body) yet still I look forward to Monday, our next trip to the lake. I have even modified my workout in order to build up the necessary muscles...yep, obsessed.

Oh, and one more thing...today I bought a new wakeboard...am I crazy???

3 comments:

Dustan and Micayla said...

That is NOT crazy!! That is bad ass!! I would love to be good at it too...it sometimes sucks when your husband beats you at "everything" huh--good job Meisha! Keep it up!

Chad said...

There are lots of things I wish I were good at: softball, fishing, hackysack, and wakeboarding- to name a few. I have tried wakeboarding several times and all I have gotten out of it is sore. Seriously. I have never been as sore as I was the first time I tried wakeboarding, that is until the second and third times I tried it. It is so fun though, I am with you.

Manolakis Family said...

I love it Meish - you are always cracking me up.... when are we getting out on the boats this summer? Hopefully a powell trip will work out at some point so I can see your sick skills!