Monday, May 31, 2010

Meet Dougan


And now there are four...

This past week we brought a new addition into the Marriott household- an 11 year old toy poodle named Dougan.

This brings the Marriott dog count to two Labs and two Poodles (bring it Cesar Milan). Plus you can't forget the three chickens...we're down from the five we started the year with, but that's not a story I'm willing to share on the blog (something about stalking the illusive 'Cherokee Chicken' doesn't seem appropriate for this site).

I know you are probably thinking we are either crazy to bring a fourth dog into our home, or that we are feeling 'baby hungry' as some have said. Seriously? Baby hungry? I can assure you that is NOT the case. Dougan is a very sweet little guy who was in need of a forever home.

He was, as I've been told, the 'apple of his daddy's eye' until the elderly gentleman who had him was put in an assisted living center and was unable to take him along. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that situation was for both Dougan and his previous owner.

I was a little concerned the first few days we had him because he suffers from Congestive Heart Failure, and I wasn't sure how well he would be able to get around. Much to my surprise though he has proven to be quite the energetic little guy and has just as much spunk to him as our precious Jeter. He's also a great little watch dog, he's right in there with the other three barking away when someone walks past the house or is at the door.

Dougan is a great fit in our little family, and I think he is overjoyed to be part of the Marriott pack. Welcome home Dougan!

No comments: