Monday, September 29, 2008

Lake Powell 2008


What a week! We just got back from an amazing vacation to Lake Powell. It has been seven years since we have been there (thanks wildland!) and boy had we been missing out. I had almost forgotten how beautiful it is there.

We had the Catalina as our home base and camped out on the beach with the dogs (no dogs in the houseboat!) our tent was a mess of dog hair and sand by weeks end. It was disgusting, nothing like a sandy wet dog.

My parents spent this summer getting their boat back up and running for its first trek after being in storage forever...it has been eleven years since they have been out...eleven years too long! Everything went smoothly and they had a great time with their boat.

The beach was home to six boats and a huge group of people: me and Rob,Matt, Jackie, and Skylar, Staten and Ashley, Bret and Heather, Hobbs, my parents, Kim, James, Nick, Abby and Luke, Curtis, Shelly, Ty and Brody, Susan and Cheryl, Natty, Greg and Lexie, Brett and Rachelle...did I miss anyone? Oh, and eight dogs...yes EIGHT dogs!

We spent the week wake boarding, swimming, boating, cliff jumping, and eating some GREAT food! I swear I gained about five pounds...all worth it though, the food was sooo good!
I don't think I have ever had such a bad bout of the allergies. I was up all night every night with my eyes and throat on FIRE. No amount of allergy meds helped me that week. I now know that if we are sleeping on the beach in a tent with dogs that have been rolling in sagebrush I will NOT FORGET MY ALLERGY MEDS!!!

2 comments:

Dustan and Micayla said...

Oh man I miss Lake Powell too...how fun! What a perfect way to end the summer!

Anonymous said...

Amen! Loads of fun, thanks for the invitation and for all the memories! Hopefully more pictures to come......?